Updated: Dec 30, 2020
If you’re thinking about making a career change in January you won’t be alone. January is one of the most popular times for searching for new employment. There will be added competition in 2021 due to the higher unemployment rates of 2020 from the economic impact of COVID. This doesn’t mean that looking for a new job is going to be impossible. It simply means you need to be on your A game!
Here’s our top 5 tips for your New Years job search:
1. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT Make a list of what’s most important to you in your next job. Employers are not fond of job hoppers so it’s best to know what you want in order to find a work home for at least the next few years plus you get to find a happy new work home!
2. UPDATE YOUR RESUME With the large number of applicants employers are receiving be certain to list your accomplishments to help you stand out among the competition. Be certain your LinkedIn & your resume match as most employers check both prior to even interviewing you.
3. STAY ORGANIZED Make a list of every "dream" company you’d like to work for as well as everywhere you apply to. Avoid sending your resume multiple times to the same company either through recruiters or online platforms. Also, take the time to create a professional voicemail and clean out your past messages. Employers can't leave you a message if your voicemail is full!
4. NETWORK Let your friends and family know you are looking for a new job. Bonus: Utilize your network for your "dream" list of places you’d like to work.
5. STAY POSITIVE Job searching can be tedious and you can face a lot of rejection. We recommend creating your own job search “mantra” something that reminds you to stay positive even on the toughest days.
For more information contact us at www.alignedtogether.com